Scrolling not working in Chrome is a common problem faced by Chrome users. Scrolling is the thing that you most while browsing various websites and if you are not able to scroll up and down when working in Chrome, then read on this article. If you find that you can scroll on other browsers apart from Chrome, then there may be various reasons for scrolling not working on Chrome. Let’s discuss some fixes to resolve the issue.
Methods to Fix Scrolling not Working in Google Chrome Browser:
There are many ways to fix this issue. Have a look at them one by one.
Restart Your Computer:
This is the first and the simplest thing you can do to fix any issue. Restarting your system completes many pending processes and refreshes itself.
Use Chrome Cleaner
If you frequently encounter scrolling problem, there may be also kill pages / aw snap problems in Google Chrome. Many times, extensions or any third-party programs or services cause these issues. Just download Chrome clean-up tool and run it in your PC. This tool detects the culprits and makes it easier to fix any problem.
Disable Extensions to Fix Scrolling not Working:
Extensions are helpful in many ways but also can ruin your browsing experience. There are various extensions in Chrome web store. Try to browse in incognito or guest mode. Now check if everything is working fine or not. If the issue is resolved then, disable all of your extensions. Now enable extension one by one to point out the main culprit. Now, Delete that extension.
Modify Some Chrome Settings
Modifying some advanced settings using these steps:
- In the address bar, type chrome://flags/ in chrome. Press Enter.
- Press CTRL+F from keyboard and type scroll. Click enter. Now you can easily find all scroll related options.
- View settings as default. You may also enable or disable anything and check if it is working or not.
Reset Chrome to its default settings
After a complete Reset, everything is set to its default settings and all browsing data and cookies of chrome browser gets cleared. This will resolve various chrome problems including scrolling issues. Follow these steps to do it:
- Go to Settings or type chrome://settings/ in address bar. Click hit enter.
- Go to Show advanced settings.
- Click on Reset Settings.
- Open chrome browser and see if scrolling problem is resolved or not.
Delete User Profile Data:
Deleting user profile data has many advantages. This will fix common google chrome problems like scrolling not working in Chrome. Follow these steps:
- Close Google Chrome completely.
- Press Win + R from keyboard to open Run.
- Type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\ in run. Click Enter.
- Look for the folder named default and rename it to as default.backup.
- Open chrome and see you can scroll now.
- You will get back your user profile data again after deleting new default folder and renaming default.backup to default.
Re installing Chrome resolves many issues including scrolling not working in Chrome.
Try Chrome Canary:
The latest update of chrome brings many new bugs along with the bug fixes. To fix this issue, wait until next update. Many times, Google itself issues immediate update to fix this type of problems. another option is use chrome canary. It is basically an experimental version with latest features
Try above fixes, if still you face any problem, take the help of customer support.