Devices manufactured by Apple are considered to be one of the best in their class. These devices are praised for the reliable service that they provide to the users. The number of users of Apple devices is increasing day by day. In this modern world of applications and the internet, we use so many applications to do specific tasks. But as you enjoy using the applications, you may also get annoyed by the applications in the same way. The online applications keep on providing updates to the users. These updates are provided to add new features to the applications and there are fixes for many bugs in the updates. In this article, we will tell you about how to update iTunes. We will also talk about how to update iTunes on mac and windows. If you are one such user wondering about updating your iTunes, this article is for you.
Updating the iTunes:
There are many ways you can update iTunes. If you are using a Mac then you can do it by going to the Mac App Store Program and you can also update through iTunes. At first, we will talk about the steps to update the iTunes via the App Store. Follow the steps to update iTunes using the App Store:
- Open the App Store on your Mac. ( this is an inbuilt application that comes with the Mac).
- Click on the Updates section and you will see a list of applications for which updates are available.
- If you see iTunes in that list, click on the Update button and your iTunes will be updated.
- You can also click on the button Update All and all the applications that need update will be updated.
Now, follow the steps mentioned below if you want to update through iTunes.
- Open iTunes on your Mac.
- Click on the icon of iTunes Menu.
- Select the option Check for updates.
- Then, a window will pop on the screen.
- On the pop-up screen, click on the option Download iTunes.
- On the next screen, you will see an option Update if your iTunes needs an update. Click on this option and the update process will be initiated.
- Follow further instructions to complete this process.
Updating iTunes is a very crucial task as it enables you to do many more things as compared to the earlier versions. If you want to make your PC more secure, you need to keep all your applications updated. In the above section, we have mentioned the steps if you want to update the iTunes if you want to update through iTunes.
You can install a program called Apple Software Update. This is a very good application that will check for updates and it will update the software automatically. Once you install this application on your PC, you don’t have to bother about updating the applications on your Mac manually. If this article has been worthy enough to help your iTunes to update through iTunes, it is our pleasure. In case, you want to uninstall the latest iTunes from your Mac, we have mentioned the ways to downgrade your iTunes. Follow the steps mentioned below:
Before downgrading the iTunes, you should have the following things on your PC:
- Backup the iTunes library.
- You should have a copy of the version of iTunes that you are downgrading to.
For downgrading the iTunes, you need to install an application called App Cleaner on your Mac. After you have installed this application on your PC, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Make sure that you have downloaded the previous version of the iTunes that you are downgrading to.
- Move the iTunes folder on your desktop.
- Open the App Cleaner application on your PC.
- After you have opened the App Cleaner, click on the Menu icon of this application.
- Select the option Preferences option from the list of options.
- After you have unchecked then box before the option Protect default apps, quit the preferences window.
- Now, click on the option Applications in the App Cleaner. Then, you have to select iTunes by checking the box next to iTunes.
- Then, click on the Delete button to delete this application from your computer.
- Double-click on the set-up of iTunes 11 to install it on your Mac. Don’t open the iTunes 11 after it has been installed on your Mac.
- Move the iTunes music folder to its original location that is Music/iTunes.
- Locate the iTunes library.xml file that is compatible with the iTunes 11. Move this file this to the iTunes music folder.
- Click on the iTunes icon from the list of options to launch this program.
- Then, a new window will pop on the screen, click on the choose option.
- From the left panel, click on the Music folder and then choose iTunes and click on OK to finish this process.
Now you have opened the downgraded version of the iTunes on your Mac.
In this article, we have mentioned every possible step for your iTunes to update through iTunes. In case, you are unable to do this even after following all the steps mentioned above, feel free to contact us through our website and the other contact details provided below. We have got a team of experts to solve all your issues related to PCs and phones. Our team specializes in solving the problems related to Macs and iPhones. You can contact us 24X7 by using the contact details provided below.