WhatsApp is a social media platform that is almost used in every smartphone. WhatsApp has many features including you can update your profile picture, add a status (images, videos, thoughts, etc), block someone, make a common group and add people, end-to-end encryption security, etc. You can add many privacies on your WhatsApp account, like when you add a status then you can select only those people whom you want to show it from your WhatsApp contact. You can download audio, videos, images, docs files, etc. Some users report that WhatsApp not downloading images issues.
You can download WhatsApp from Google Play Store or App Store easily with the latest version. WhatsApp is very easy to use. Whenever you get any message on WhatsApp then it will send you notification of it. You can use its privacy feature according to your choice. You can also take a backup of your WhatsApp to secure it. Read this full article to get the cause and solutions of WhatsApp not downloading images issue.
Solutions to fix WhatsApp not downloading images: –
Here are many easy and quick solutions to fix this issue. Follow the below steps carefully:
1. Make sure your internet connectivity is good: –
As you know very well that you have need of internet connection to use WhatsApp on your device. So, make sure your internet connectivity is strong enough to use WhatsApp. If your internet connectivity is bad then you are not able to browse any website. To download images from WhatsApp, you have a need of strong internet connection. Some users report that WhatsApp not downloading images on their android devices.
Make sure your internet connectivity is good. If you use Wi-Fi then switch it with the cellular network or vice-versa. If you use public Wi-Fi then make sure about its bandwidth range. Ensure that your router is not far away with your devices. Now, restart your device and check if the issue has been resolved successfully.
2. Make sure about the date and time of your android device: –
In case, date and time are set wrong on your android device then you will also get the WhatsApp not downloading images issue. So, open Settings of your android device and correct date and time according to your Zone that show correctly.
Once, you set date and time correctly on your Android device then restart your device and open WhatsApp and check if the issue has been resolved successfully.
3. Make sure about your SD card on your android device: –
In case, your SD card gets damaged or not sufficient space then you can also face the WhatsApp not downloading issue on your Android device.
So, make sure that your SD card has sufficient storage and it works better. Sometimes, you get what you are trying to download any images and it shows you that there is no sufficient space. When you get this error pop-up message then you have to free up some space on your android device. So, remove some files from the SD card and then try to download images to ensure if the issue is resolved successfully.
Let’s suppose you find that your SD card has sufficient space to download images then check that you don’t set the Sd card function as to read-only. If you get this seeing then you are not able to download any images. So, change this read mode to read & write mode to make it able to download images. Now, restart your device and check if the issue has been resolved.
4. Shut down your WhatsApp forcefully: –
When you get the WhatsApp not downloading images issue on your Android device then try to shut down it forcefully to resolved this issue. Follow the below steps:
- At first, go to the home button of your Android device and tap on it to show all the app which are running in the background.
- Now, select WhatsApp from there and swipe it to shut down.
- After that, reopen WhatsApp and check if the issue has been resolved.
5. Update WhatsApp: –
If you are using an outdated version of WhatsApp on your device then you can also get the WhatsApp not downloading images issue. Updates are available from time to time to fix some bugs and glitches and run it smoothly. So, follow the below steps:
- At first, navigate to your Google Play Store or App Store and search if any update is available.
- You can get it at the bottom of the Updates
- Now, tap on the Updates
- Then, you will see a blue button that will be appeared next to the WhatsApp.
- Now, you can update the WhatsApp with the latest version from here.
- Alternatively, tap on the Update all
- Then, it will update all the app and fix the bug.
- Now, reopen WhatsApp and check if the issue has been resolved.
6. Uninstall WhatsApp from your device and then reinstall it: –
If you still get that WhatsApp not downloading images on your device then uninstall it to fix the error. After uninstalling successfully again install it and it will fix all your corrupted data of this malfunctioning app. Follow the below steps carefully:
- at first, press and hold the WhatsApp icon until you feel a short vibration from your device.
- Now, you can shake the WhatsApp, so move it to the X option which is at the WhatsApp icon left corner.
- After that, click on the delete option to delete it successfully.
Make sure one thing that by deleting WhatsApp from your device, you don’t lose any data of it. Even, you don’t lose your user’s account of WhatsApp. After deleting WhatsApp successfully, follow the below steps to reinstall it:
- Now, navigate to the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Them, search for WhatsApp.
- Once you get it, then tap on the download option and reinstall it carefully.
- After installing successfully, open WhatsApp and provide your correct user credentials.
- Now, open WhatsApp and check if the issue has been resolved.
In this blog, we discussed fixing WhatsApp not downloading images on your device including Android phone, iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc. I hope, it is helpful to you. If you have any doubts regarding this then call to our expert’s team to resolve them.