Google Chrome Unable to Sync and How Can i Fix Google Chrome Sync Not Working ?
If you are facing such kind of technical issues , let us see how you can i fix Google Chrome Sync not working or Google chrome unable to Sync .
Solution 1: Enter your correct passphrase
You can reshuffle the sync settings by providing your correct passphrase. Here’s how to do so:
- In Chrome window, click on vertical ellipsis menu button ( ) on top-right to open Chrome menu.
- Click on the Sync error message to open Advanced Sync Settings.
- Under Encryption options section, enter your correct passphrase. If you’ve used your Google account to encrypt the data, then enter your previous Google account password.
- Click OK to refresh the sync settings.
Solution 2: Disconnect and reconnect your Google Account to Chrome
If the above fix didn’t help, you could try this one out:
- Open Chrome menu by clicking the vertical ellipsis button and click on Settings.
- In Settings window/tab, click on Disconnect your Google Account button.
- A confirmation dialog box will pop up with an option to clear history, bookmark and other settings as well with disconnecting the account. Click on Disconnect account to confirm.
- Your account will be disconnected. Close the Chrome window and quit the browser completely, then re-open it.
- Open Settings window again and click on Sign in to Chrome to reconnect your Google Account.
- Once you’ve signed in, you can see that your Chrome Sync settings are back in place.
Solution 3: Reset passphrase using Google Dashboard
Google Dashboard for Chrome Sync is where you can see all information regarding your synced data like counts for your stored items, including those which are not visible in Chrome.
You can use the dashboard to reset Chrome sync. This will potentially clear your data from the Google servers and remove your passphrase, but the data stored on your devices won’t be deleted. Here’s how to reset sync settings:
- Assuming that you are logged into your Google Account, click this link to open Chrome Sync Dashboard.
- Scroll down to the bottom where Reset sync option is available.
- Click Reset sync and then click OK in the confirmation dialog box to reset your passphrase. Sign back into Chrome and start syncing again.
Once the issue is resolved using any of the above methods, your data and settings can be synced across multiple devices where you use Google Chrome.