Netgear is a company that provides the routers devices to the peoples by which peoples can share the same internet between multiple devices. But to use the internet connection of your Netgear router, you need to do Netgear wireless router setup.
If you are wondering about “How to do Netgear wireless router setup”, then no need to worry; we are here to provide you the ways to set up the Netgear router correctly.
Methods to do Netgear wireless router setup:
Now, we are going to discuss the methods or techniques to do the setup of the wireless router:
Using a web browser:
Here, we are providing you the first way to set up a Netgear wireless router. You can easily do it by using a web browser, and to do it, you need to go with the steps that are given below:
- First of all, you need to connect your Netgear router to your modem by connecting the Ethernet cable.
- Now, you have to connect your computer to the Ethernet port of the router.
- Then, you need to press the Power button of your router in order to turn it ON.
- After that, you need to launch the web browser on your system.
- Next, enter “net.” in the address bar of the web browser and then hit the Enter key to open the login page of the Netgear router.
- Now, login to the router by entering the credentials like username and password. Type admin in the default user name field and password in the default password field.
- Next, click on the “Advanced” option and then click on the option named “Setup Wizard”.
- Select the “Yes” button and then click on the “Next” option. After that, the router detects the internet connection.
- Now, you need to enter a new password for your username and then you have to answer two security questions.
- Next, click on the “Next” option and then the “Congratulations” page appeared on your system’s screen.
- After that, click on the option titled “Print this” to print your network settings.
- Select the “Next” option and then “Firmware Update Assistant” page displayed.
- In the end, you need to click on the “Yes” option to Netgear wireless router setup.
Using the Nighthawk app:
The nighthawk app allows the Netgear router users to easily monitor and control your home Wi-Fi. This app is available in IOS and android devices. To do it, you need to go through the steps that are given below:
- At first, you need to attach the provided antennas and then connect your modem to the router by connecting the wire in the internet port.
- Now, Power ON your router by pressing the power button.
- Next, you have to connect your device to the Netgear router’s internet network.
- After that, launch the Netgear nighthawk app on your device and then follow the on-screen instruction to install the Nighthawk app completely on your device.
Simple steps to set up a Netgear router:
Follow the steps that are given below to set up the Netgear router:
- Firstly, you need to take out the cords that are connecting to the Modem to the desktops/laptops.
- Now, plug in the router to the modem and then connect the router to the computer by plugging the one end of the Ethernet cable to your PC and another one to the LAN port.
- In the end, you need to plug in the router’s power adapter to set up your Netgear router.
These above two methods work for “Netgear wireless router setup”. If you still have any queries related to this article, then you can call us without any hesitation through our website or the number provided on our site. We have a team of experts; they answered your questions.