Why We Need to Reset Hotmail Password if Recovery Process not Working
How To Recover Your Forgotten Microsoft Hotmail Account Password
The need to go for a Hotmail Password Reset comes when your password isn’t working and the possible reasons could be
- You have forgotten your password
- Have turned your Two-Step Verification on
- travelling, or using a new device.
You can reset your forgotten Hotmail Password and recover your Hotmail Account.
Hotmail Password reset:
Follow the following steps to do Hotmail password reset:
- Go to Hotmail.com
- You will be asked to enter your Hotmail Email Addressà Click ‘Next’.On clicking the Next, you will be taken to ‘Enter Password’
- Now Click on the ‘Forgot Password’ link àleads you to the –Hotmail password reset page
- Enter your Hotmail address and enter the captcha code and then click ‘next’.
- Now you will be prompted to enter alternate Contactemail address. If you don’t have alternate email address for recovery, create new one with Hotmail.
- You will receive an email to your alternate Email Address with a recovery code. Enter the recovery code and click ‘Next’.
- You will be prompted to enter your details, provide as many questions as possible and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once Your information is submitted, your information will be reviewed and an email will be sent your alternate email address with the Hotmail password reset link.
- Login into the Alternate email account and open the mail from Microsoft.
- Click on the Hotmail Password Reset Link and follow the on-screen instructions
- Your Hotmail Password will be reset.
If You have updated your mobile number with the Hotmail Account, you can choose the recovery code to be sent to your mobile number and repeat the same steps mentioned above to recover your Hotmail account.
Email Support is not provided in all countries and regions.
How to Recover a Deleted Hotmail Account
If you’ve got deleted an entire account and want to reinstate it, there’s the way to get the account back.
1) Head over to the Recover your account page, found here.
2) Enter the e-mail address you would like to recover, likewise as another email address to be contacted with, and therefore the characters you see on screen, almost like the steps above.
3) Note that you just will only recover Hotmail account within the first 30 days of the deletion.
4) Microsoft can keep hold of the address for these thirty days, however, the account is going to be for good deleted once this period.
5) If you’ve got two-step verification activated on your account, you will have a recovery code sent over to your new account.
6) Enter the code you receive and click on Next.
7) you will now be given access to your account.
Change Hotmail Password on iPhone
As each account is accessible from the smartphone, these days, it’s also simple to change the settings within the account directly from the phone. These changes are mirrored once the user can access his account each wherever. The user simply got to follow a few easy steps that are discussed here Hotmail password reset from the iPhone.
- Open the safari browser in the iPhone.
- In the address bar, type hotmail.com or outlook.com.( both are the same thing ).
- Search for the “Settings “or the gear icon and click on that.
- Look for “Mail Setting “options and so click on “Account Settings “.
- Search and move to “Password and security info” link and click on or tap on it.
- Click or tap on “Change password “.
- Follow the instructions and change the password.
- Save the settings.
As Hotmail is currently Outlook and it’s a Microsoft service, this password change is reflected at all the Microsoft accounts like Skype, messenger etc.
If a user has forgotten or lost his Hotmail password and want Hotmail password reset then additionally he will reset the password through iPhone using following steps.
- Open the Hotmail account from safari.
- Click on the link, “forget password” ? or “Cannot access the account? “.
- The troubleshooting page is opened. choose the reason. Click “next “.
- Enter the Hotmail user id and also the code.
- Again, click “next “.
Select the option to receive the notification. It should be either an alternate email id or number.
Receive the notification and follow the instructions to reset the password. a password is that the key to access the account, therefore, the user ought to keep it secret from others. It should be alphanumeric having no personal information. The minimum length should be eight characters. The changes, as told, are reflected in each Microsoft account.
In case of any technical problem, the user will get into the Hotmail password Recovery number. the number is toll-free and active for 24/7, 365 days. The experts are on the line to assist users in recovering their Hotmail account. The executives are trained professionals and help users by solving the problems with full patience and dedication.